Many marketers believe that when they hit “publish” on a piece of content, the job is done.
But the reality is it’s just beginning.
Ross Simmonds says one of the keys to content marketing success is distribution. Without it, he says all you’re doing is building a content library that collects dust.
Despite the importance of distribution, it’s surprising and troubling that many companies don’t understand the value. Ross says a major problem is many companies quantify content marketing success by how many pieces are created.
As a result, creators are incentivized by their output rather than the results of their output.
It explains why there’s so much content being pumped by companies who believe that better is more.
Ross contends many companies could easily stop creating content by the middle of the year and then focus on content distribution and repurposing.
In this episode of the Marketing Spark podcast, Ross talks about:
– How to kick-start a content distribution plan by focusing on the fundamentals (channel-user fit and content-user fit)
– How to repurpose content on multiple platforms; create it once, reinvent in multiple ways to maximize ROI.
– Why it’s important to focus on quality, not quantity.
– How to create content that’s valuable and SEO-friendly. “Be human first, and robot second”
– The future of Clubhouse and audio content.
For marketers looking for content marketing gold, listen to the podcast.