The most surprising thing about podcasts is….
Not every B2B SaaS company has one yet.
Most companies have blogs and make videos, but they’re ignoring podcasts.
Frankly, it’s a huge strategic mistake that should be fixed ASAP.
Podcasts are a great way to:
– Create relationships with prospects and customers.
– Spark a huge number of ideas to power content marketing.
– Establish brand awareness and thought leadership
– Build a personal brand for your senior executives
– Develop partnership opportunities.
Given the benefits, why isn’t every B2B SaaS company all over podcasting?
– They think it’s too much work. Wrong. A podcast can be done in two to three hours.
– The landscape is saturated and it’s too late to get into the game. Wrong. There are two million podcasts but only 850K are active, according to Oberlo.
– It’s expensive. Wrong. Upfront costs can be as little as $100. Ongoing costs for editing and hosting can be less than $25/month.
– People don’t listen to podcasts. Wrong. A 2019 survey found that 51% of consumers over the age of 12 in the U.S. listen to podcasts.
Personally, launching a podcast (Marketing Spark) a year ago was one of the best moves professionally that I’ve ever made.
As a B2B SaaS company, podcasting is a powerful way to attract, engage, and have conversations with the people who matter.
A podcast can drive build brand awareness, drive leads and sales, and generate huge amounts of valuable insight and content ideas.
To get started with podcasting, download my free guide (no email required).