I recently received a call from someone interested in buying my business.
It quickly became apparent that Marketing Spark was too small.
When I asked about his interest, he said my LinkedIn activity looked “imposing”, which suggests that I look bigger than I am.
This is the power of marketing. Perception can become reality. You can look big, even if you’re small.
Some “look big” tips:
- A Website using a customized WordPress or Webflow template that creates a good first impression.
- Well-written copy, easy navigation, and no obvious stock photos are allowed!
- A well-designed corporate logo. Check out 99 Designs, Design Crowd and Canva.
- Nice business cards (old school!) using high-quality paper stock.
- Well-designed letterhead, invoices, proposals and agreements (paper and digital)
- Clear and consistent corporate descriptions on your Website and social media profiles.
- Professionally-taken personal photos; short-term pain, long-term gain.
- A corporate email address (sorry, no Gmail.com and definitely not hotmail.com)
If you’re a small business, stand tall and strut your stuff just like a big company. Perception can become the reality in the minds of customers and key stakeholders.